Invitation and roundup from Derik Hammer.
This month’s topic: Big Data
Big data is both a buzzword, or phrase, and a booming area of technology. Technical professionals and companies alike are investing a lot in big data and I want to hear your thoughts on the topic. Your post can be about; how big data affects the industry and our careers, how the cloud is enhancing our ability to work with big data, how you deal with big data in SQL Server on-premises, NoSQL, development challenges and strategies for working with internet of things data, or anything else you come up with. Big data has become quite large (pun intended) and should offer a lot of freedom for self-expression in this month’s posts.
- Write a post on the topic above.
- Schedule the post to go live on Tuesday, October 10th, 2017 between 00:00 and 23:59 UTC.
- Include the TSQL Tuesday logo in the top of your post.
- Link the post back to this one and comment on this post advertising your post.
- Optional, but encouraged: Tweet a link to your post using the #tsql2sday hash tag on Twitter
Blend your topic with emerging technologies. Some examples:
- Work with big data in Microsoft’s new Azure Cosmos DB.
- Show how new SQL Server 2017 features impact big data in SQL Server.
- Show how R and Polybase can use big data for predictive analytics.